Can safe and healthy diets, including a rich variety of organic herbals, reverse chronic diseases like diabetes and viral infections like the Coronavirus?
The month of February, 2020, is here and with it an increased manifestation of existential threats… from “old” to “new” diseases, like diabetes and the coronavirus, respectively.
- The question(and answers) that this month’s article seeks to address is; how much are modern foods, consisting of highly processed and devoid of essential nutrients are contributing to an increase in “old” and “new” diseases, as exemplified by diabetes and the coronavirus?
- To set the stage and capture your attention, here is a video presentation from Dr. Hans Diehl, a holistic public health researcher who has, using time trend analysis, graphically, demonstrated that current lifestyles, including “toxic foods” are key risk factors for diabetes and almost all other non-communicable diseases (NCDs). He goes further to provide on-going research evidence, demonstrating that diabetes can be reversed using dietary approaches. In addition, the evidence proves that diabetes is not a genetic disease!
- Dr. Hans Diehl is not alone in this “revolutionary discovery” of what Hippocrates, the Father of Modern medicine, taught from way back in 431BC: “Let food be your medicine…” Dr. Dean Ornish, in his new book, Undo it, has proven and written in peer reviewed journals, that almost all chronic diseases, including heart diseases, can be reversed with the right foods.
- Dr. Eva Njenga, a leading Kenyan Endocrinologist, as way back as 2016, sounded an alarm on the rapid rise of diabetes, in Kenya and other developing countries. Among other interventions, she recommended lifestyle modifications, including dietary changes, as the part of the continuum of care: https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Experts-sound-warning-diabetes-rise-/1056-3937362-pdd15uz/index.html
- So much for evidence linking safe and healthy diets, including organic foods, to preventing and reversing chronic diseases, starting with diabetes, which is referred to as the “Mother of all chronic diseases”.
- The second part of this article addresses the “hot” issue of the new flu virus, from China, now declared a global threat by WHO. The DG declares: https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-triggers-damage-control-from-governments-companies-11580396657
- What is coronavirus? What causes it? How can it be prevented and treated? How can “alternative medicine” and herbal remedies be used to manage this viral infection, now declared a “Health Emergency” by WHO?
- To answer all these questions and provide evidence based examples of the efficacy and benefits of chemical free aka organic herbal and dietary based remedies, we make reference to past evidence of efficacy and effective remedies; previous pandemics of flu viruses, like swine flu, SARS and others have been managed successfully applying integrative medicine approaches: There couldn’t be better and more informed person than, my colleague, Sayer Ji. https://sayerji.com/ to provide the requisite evidence.
- Here is scientific evidence that Vitamin C in lemons https://www.emedihealth.com/lemon-benefits.html and garlic have antiviral properties: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/greenmed/topic/18523/focus/5219/page
- Quote “The SARS-like coronavirus that appears to have originated in Wuhan, China has now infected thousands of people. As of January 28, 2020, Chinese officials have confirmed over 6,000 cases. These have occurred in every province of China with the exception of Tibet. As of the 28th, 132 people have died from the virus.” Read on more here for history, biochemistry and physiology, pathology and alternative remedies: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can-herbal-medicines-fight-wuhan-coronavirus?
- What is the nCoV-2019 aka Coronavirus? For more open and read here:https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can-herbal-medicines-fight-wuhan-coronavirus?
- What herbal remedies can work for managing this new viruse aka Coronavirus? https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can-herbal-medicines-fight-wuhan-coronavirus?
- What is the scientific evidence demonstrating that these herbal non-drug remedies work against viral infections? Take the example of curcumin in turmeric and its antiviral properties outlined in this 2019 publication with over 180 peer reviewed references, on its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. More here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6509173/
What is the way forward?
- There is need to boost peoples immunity by consuming safe and healthy organic foods especially those loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, as a preventive strategy against viral infections, including the coronavirus.
- There is need to access and consume safe and fresh organic Vit C loaded lemons and other vitamin C rich foods, including herbs and tubers, like garlic and turmeric: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/greenmed/topic/18523/focus/5219/page
- Kalimon Greens, if one such a place you can find the “organic treatments” for coronavirus. More here: https://kalimonigreens.com/
- Finally, as part of our efforts to increase access to safe and healthy foods, we have started an organic farmer certification program. For more information, get in touch with us here: https://www.organicconsumers.co.ke/organic-guarantee/certification.html