New evidence that glyphosate, a key ingredient in Roundup and other herbicides formulations, is more harmful than previously thought
Good people, the month of June is here and with it the “chilly” season.
This month we share some “chilling” scientific evidence of the harmful effects of the commonly used chemical, glyphosate, whose scientific name is N-phosphono-methyl-glycine. This manufactured synthetic chemical molecule, invented by Monsanto, and its “inert” additives has been called the “devils molecule” by some scientists….here is why!
- New evidence shows that glyphosate, a key ingredient of Roundup formulations, a commonly used weed killer and other agricultural use, is more harmful than previously thought. Here is the evidence: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027869151530034X
- New evidence shows that the negative effects of glyphosate are much worse than previously thought: They are intergenerational! A recent publication in Nature confirms the same: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-42860-0
- Did you know that glyphosate, in animal feed and water sources, negatively affects the gut microbiome of cows by killing the “good bacteria” and allowing the proliferation of the ‘bad bacteria”? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25407376
- Did you know that glyphosate also affects male fertility negatively? Here is the disturbing evidence. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27286640
- All this increasing bloating and “glutten intolerance”… did you know that glyphosate negative effects motor activity of rat guts akin to “leaky gut” in humans? Here is the evidence: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1382668916303271?via%3Dihub
What is the way forward? We need to change how we grow food and restrict or ban the use of herbicides and pesticides as used in agricultural formulations with even more harmful additives.
- Did you know that the USA, where glyphosate and GMOs are most used has the worst maternal mortality rates, among developed countries? The evidence: https://www.npr.org/2017/05/12/528098789/u-s-has-the-worst-rate-of-maternal-deaths-in-the-developed-world
- Is this what we want for Africa, in general and Kenya, in particular? There is evidence that if GMOs are introduced, there will be an increase in use of pesticides, including glyphosate. Here is the evidence of what happened when the USA introducd GMOs: There was a more than 15 fold increase in pesticide use: https://usrtk.org/pesticides/glyphosate-health-concerns/ and more evidence here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2658306
- What is the safer and healthier alternative to use of synthetic pesticides? Evidence that use of glyphosate free organic farming(and other regenerative ecological farming practices) reduces the risk of exposure to pesticide residues and attendant health effects: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935119300246
- Is there evidence that the world can exist without glyphosate and other harmful synthetic pesticides? Of course yes. The Case of Sikkhim State in India which is 100% certified organic: Here: http://www.ias4sure.com/wikiias/gs3/organic-farming-sikkim-case-study/
- More evidence that agroecological organic farming can feed the world from Australia here:
- Finally, the author of this article, based on available evidence, is convinced we can achieve the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) and feed the world organically without using harmful synthetic pesticides. Listen here:
- For more evidence on why the world needs to urgently and transformatively change its food production and consumption system, join us in this 1st International Conference of its kind, where the impact of the pesticide problem will be presented and viable scalable agroecological solution will be presented in the same Conference with viable Organic Trade business, locally and globally, all aligned to the clarion call of the 17 SDGS…”for People, Planet and Profits…leaving no one behind. Click here to register: https://www.agroecologyconference.eoai-africa.org/